The Lake Shore Chapel wishes to extend every possible courtesy to those planning weddings, infant christening/dedications, and memorial services between Memorial Day and late October.
The Lake Shore Chapel is an Historic Chapel listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is managed by an all-volunteer elected Board of Directors. Damages and/or losses to the Chapel are irreplaceable. The care of the property must be exercised by responsible persons before, during and after a scheduled event. Persons requesting the rental of the Chapel are responsible for all damage and loss incurred and for the safety of their guests during and after their scheduled event.
The following rules have been set to meet this end and to help your event run as smoothly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please read the following and sign that you have been informed and understand your responsibility. Your signature and the required deposit is necessary for use of the Chapel.
1. The chapel seats approximately 125-130 people.
2. We will make arrangements for the chapel to be open as needed for rehearsals and for the designated event.
3. A tuned piano is available for your use.
4. There is no heat or air-conditioning in the chapel. Windows can be opened.
5. There is no running water in the chapel, thus there are no bathroom facilities or kitchen.
6. Candles or other open flames are not allowed under any circumstances. Battery powered votives are available for use.
7. Floral arrangements are permitted on the alter and throughout the chapel.
8. A white covering for the flag at the front of the chapel is available.
9. The Children’s Chapel, up the hill, can be utilized for the bride or members of the wedding party to dress.
10. No food or drink may be served inside the chapel, but the Friendship Porch can accomodate refreshments.
11. The Chapel will be clean for your event. Please leave it as you found it.
12. There are steps leading up to the chapel and no ramps or elevator is available. Because of the historic nature of the Chapel, it is NOT handicapped accessible.
13. Birdseed may be thrown outside the church, but not inside. Rice and/or confetti are not permitted.
14. Any damages will result in the forfeiture of the security deposit.
15. You must provide your own clergy or magistrate.
16. Parking is limited. Park on McVea and Campbell Roads. For larger groups, we suggest providing valet parking.
Charges for use of the Chapel are as follows:
Minimum donation of $250 ($150 non-refundable deposit at the time of event booking)
Infant Dedications/Baptisms and Memorial Services
Minimum Donation of $100 ($50 non-refundable deposit at the time of event booking)
Please download and complete the reservation form below to book your event at the Chapel. Please note that dates are not considered held until the reservation form and deposit check have been received. Contact Susan Butler for further information, availability and any other questions you may have. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.