A non-denominational church that operates
during the months of July and August.
Services are held on Sundays at 10:00 AM
The Lake Shore Chapel is located at the intersection of Lakeshore Dr. and Campbell Rd. in Douglas, MI. The mailing address of the Chapel is PO Box 961, Douglas, MI. 49406
The Lake Shore Chapel was built in 1904 by some of the earliest summer residents along the shore. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. To learn more about the history of the Chapel, please click here.
Services are held every Sunday during the months of July and August. We are a non-denominational congregation made up of local residents, summer residents, and visitors from across the country. Each week we invite different ministers from around the country to lead us in worship. Chapel begins at 10:00 AM with the ringing of our historic bell.
Sunday School is held each week during the service. Children who wish to attend Sunday school will accompany their teacher up the hill to the Children's Chapel during the singing of the second hymn.
We welcome all who wish to worship with us in the peace of our "Little Church in the Woods."
The Lake Shore Chapel is run by an all volunteer board.
President - Melissa Hoekzema
Vice President - David Warnock
Secretary/Treasurer - Mary Kay Effinger Baker
Events - Susan Effinger Butler
Buildings and Grounds - Linda Riekse
Music - Carolyn Morency Bauer
Website - Laura Ullmann Howrey
Board Members at Large
Stephanie Baker Zita